Saturday, August 02, 2008

firsts

Stolen from Everybody Loves Saturday Night

Who was your first prom date? We don’t really have prom in Canada, but I accompanied my high school boyfriend Shaun to his grad, and he did the same for me when I graduated.

Do you still talk to your first love? Yes, every so often.

What was your first alcoholic drink? Probably tastes of beer. If you mean the first thing I actually finished, I’d have to go with rum and coke.

What was your first job? Babysitter.

What was your first car? My grandpa bought me a ’90 Mercury Topaz when I moved away for university. It was a good little car, and served me well for all the time I had it.

Who was the first person to text you today? My friend Manasi.

Who is the first person you thought of this morning? I woke up from a crazy dream that involved most of by family this morning.

Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Elliot. Not my favourite over the years.

Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? In grade 11, I lived with a family in Quebec for three months as part of an exchange program. It was a great experience, starting with my first ever (big) plane ride to get there. As a kid, we had a pilot friend who was teaching my parents to fly, so I have vague memories of lots of small airplane rides then.

Who was your first best friend and are you still friends? The first one I remember would be Kimberly in grade one. I haven’t seen her since then, as she moved away after that year.

What was your first sport played? I was a dancer and a gymnast as a kid. I didn’t really play any team sports until I started soccer as an adult.

Where was your first sleepover? I would guess Tamilyn’s house, as we were friends at about the right time, but it might have been Jaylyn’s or Megan’s too. It might even have been my house for all I know.

Who was the first person you talked to this morning? Abdu

Whose wedding were you first in? My sister’s. And she is younger than me.

What was the first thing you did this morning? Made coffee? Actually, petting the cat probably came first.

What was the first concert you went to? Meat Loaf, with Cheap Trick as the opener. It was a great concert, and I still love the music now (although I have a limited tolerance for the length of Meat Loaf songs sometimes.)

What was your first tattoo or piercing? My ears were pierced when I was five or so. I don’t remember the exact age, but I remember not really knowing what they were doing for the first one. I cried for a long time before I agreed to get back into the chair for the second one, and I still moved so that the second hole is crooked.

What was the first foreign country you went to? The US, although only for a day ski trip in high school. Italy w as the first one I stayed overnight in. I moved there after my first year of university to work as a nanny.

What was your first run in with the law? Unless you count a speeding ticket, I’ve never had one.

When was your first detention? In grade six, I got lunchtime detention for a week because I passed around a petition to my classmates that said that the undersigned hate insert name here (the class bully). I also remember getting in trouble for staying in and reading during lunch hour in fourth grade, but I don’t think detention was the punishment.

What was the first state you lived in? Umm, none. I was born in Saskatchewan, but lived most of my life in Alberta.

Who was the first person to break your heart? I respectfully decline to answer this question.

Who was your first roommate? I shared a room with my sister as a kid. After that, it would be Kale (?) in my first year university. I’m not sure if I’ve spelled that correctly, that’s how firmly I’ve put her out of my mind. It wasn’t a good experience.

Where did you go in your first limo ride? We took a limo from the airport once in Vancouver. A bunch of us arrived on the same plane, and the per person cost was the same for four in a limo as for two per cab. (Very exciting, I know)

No comments: