Saturday, June 09, 2007

News

I have all sorts of fun things to blog about today, so here goes:

1. I bought art! I went to a fund raiser at the Ottawa Art Gallery, and I actually bought something! The artist's name is Violeta Borisonik I don't have a picture yet, but I will post one after I pick up my piece on Monday.

The whole event was really quite fun, with lots of food, drink and people watching. I should have been outbid, but I talked some people out of bidding again by telling them all about my new house and how this will be the first piece of art I've purchased, and it will go in my new place. Afterwards I heard people talking about what a great ruse it was, but everything I said was true!

2. There has been progress on the Gatsby Girl Sweater!

I know a sweater that takes more than 8 months to knit isn't very exciting, but I really am nearing the finish line! I've set in the first sleeve.

All I have left to do is knit the sleeve cap for sleeve two, sew part of the right shoulder, set in the last sleeve and do the crochet and buttons around the remaining opening. A few steps, to be sure, but it will actually be finished!

3. Our garden is doing quite nicely. We have a cherry tomato plant, lettuce, basil, marjoram, mint, and several types of peppers.

There is still a blank spot because I'm trying to decide between another small tomato plant or a sweet pepper (the large pepper plant is hot, and we think most of the small plants that survived the first scorching were also hot). Today is supposed to be the decision day, assuming I get off the couch.

4. I love garage sale-ing! I have been out a couple times this year, always with a list of acceptable items, and I've found some great stuff for much less than I would have paid new. Today I got a whole stack of books, a small staple gun with staples, a necklace (you can see a bit of it in the sweater pic above) and a larger stovetop espresso maker.

1 comment:

knittyknatty said...

Looks like you've been busy!