- Safe streets: you can walk at night or by yourself (within reason) without worrying about your safety
- Crazy, but mild, traffic – many roads are unpaved and potholed, but traffic circulates relatively unfettered
- High crime rates: even trips of a few blocks require a taxi to avoid robbery
- Heavy traffic, which can add hours to a commute time, especially with a number of crumbling roads
- Hot, dry climate, which goes beyond my comfort levels
- Brown, with few public spaces. Also a lot of garbage (although I admit that I only saw a small part of Nairobi)
- A few good restaurants, "adventurous shopping", limited night life
- Moderate temperatures, more comfortable for a (this) Canadian
- Very green, with lots of public parks (which you can’t use, see number 1 above)
- Lots of shopping, restaurants, bars
- More diversity
We did go to the Langata giraffe reserve, which was really amazing!
This is a Rothschild giraffe, which are only found in Kenya.
One of the giraffe handlers knew how to get all of the great photos, and he worked with us to get the photos everyone wants...
like the giraffe eating from your hand.
And a good kiss!