Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sick Knitter

I keep trying to organise myself to post here more regularly, but I'm finding it difficult. Not that I have any knitting to show right now. Between crazy times at work and a nasty cold, I haven't knit anything other than a dishcloth in over a week (I'm on number four - who knows when it will end?).

So, I've got a dilemma. I've been bad. Since I've been sick, I've been drinking tea non-stop. I didn't have an electric kettle before, so I picked one up (a red one!) to facilitate the provision of boiling water. But, I had already included a kettle as a possible Christmas gift on the list I provided my family when they asked me for suggestions. My current dilemma is whether or not to let them know that I bought myself something from my list. The complicating factor is that my sister is very pregnant (due in mere days), and she asked for the list so she could buy things early. If she did get me a kettle, it's going to be a pain for her to return it. And since I'm the one who caused this problem, shouldn't I be the one to deal with the repercussions? (If I don't tell her now, I definitely won't be mentioning it later, whether or not I get a second kettle) What would you do?

2 comments:

Cloth Diapers said...

Hmm, tough call. I guess I'd just wait and see.

Anonymous said...

Hm. That is tough. I would wait and see..accept it graciously and maybe re-gift the one you already bought? Or donate to a thrift shop? That's what I would do, but I can't bear to tell anyone that I already have what they gave me. It breaks my heart a little bit...

Cheers!
Daisy