Monday, June 06, 2011
Day 6: Argyle-ish #30daysofcreativity
So, this isn't quite Argyle, but it was definitely a learning experience. I'd never done strip piecing before, and it's quite a neat technique. I could definitely have used a bit more precision, including in measuring to end up with a square for a true argyle shape.
It was getting late by the time I worked out how to connect the ends and keep the pattern in line, so I didn't decide how to finish the edges. Some day this will decorate a plant pot of some kind, but for now it's being a jar cosy!
Edited to add: I would have posted this yesterday, but picasa refused to upload my photos. So I went to bed and let time deal with my tech issues. ;)