Monday, June 20, 2005

knit fit

So, I have determined that I’m a winter, not a summer, at least temperature wise. Ottawa has been experiencing a cold snap (15 – 20° C), which I have been thoroughly enjoying, and I find myself dreading the return of the heat (forecast for today, to reach 30° tomorrow). Not only is it nicer to knit when it’s cool out, but its also nicer to sleep, read, go outside, stay inside… the list could go on and on. And yet, I’m in the Canadian Foreign Service, and the areas where I would most like to work are generally warm.

On the knitting front, I have several projects on the go, as usual. I’m making: Little Black Top from Stitch ‘n Bitch, only my gauge is way off from the pattern, so I’m making adjustments as I go; socks for my sockapal2za pal; a yoga mat bag for my friend’s martial arts sticks (I don’t actually know what they’re called, but they’re almost 28 inches long); felted purses for Christmas (none of my family read this blog); a mitred square baby blanket in acrylic rainbow colours I had lying around; and a long-worked on sweater for my sister. And now I see everyone making the One Skein Wonder, and I want one too! Although I’ve yet to talk to anybody that has actually completed it with one skein.

My knitting group (S’nB?) just placed an order with KnitPicks (to share the shipping costs, since the US dollar factor mitigates the good price factor a bit), so I’m anxiously anticipating more yarn so I can start more projects. Although I really should limit myself so that some day something gets finished. We’ll see how that goes.

I’m not sure this blogging thing is going to go very far, at least until I get a digital camera and computer of my own. Blogs with pictures are just more interesting, but I can’t really justify the time to post pics since I’m supposed to be working.

No comments: