Wednesday, August 08, 2007
It took me 5 days to put actually finish this post! I took the pictures and loaded them on to the computer on day 1, resized and posted them to the blog on day 2 and then three days later I am finally adding some words.
As you may guess, these are the socks for my sock pal (I figure this is semi-safe, since she likely has never read my blog, and will receive the socks soon!) I finished them on time, and was only a day or so late getting them in the mail. Woo hoo! I really hope they fit her!
Pattern: Hello Yarn in Maple
Yarn: Monkey Socks by Cookie A.
Needles: 2mm metal dpns
Mods: Given the fine yarn and my tight knitting, I increased the number of stitches to 96, giving me six pattern repeats instead of 4. I did 2x2 ribbing and a short row heel (I don't actually know what is called for in the pattern, as I only wrote down the stitch pattern). I increased the decrease rate on my normal toe so it wouldn't bee too pointy.
Next up: a going away/yarn dying party and a yarn crawl!