Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Done



It took me 5 days to put actually finish this post! I took the pictures and loaded them on to the computer on day 1, resized and posted them to the blog on day 2 and then three days later I am finally adding some words.

As you may guess, these are the socks for my sock pal (I figure this is semi-safe, since she likely has never read my blog, and will receive the socks soon!) I finished them on time, and was only a day or so late getting them in the mail. Woo hoo! I really hope they fit her!

Project specs:
Pattern: Hello Yarn in Maple
Yarn: Monkey Socks by Cookie A.
Needles: 2mm metal dpns
Mods: Given the fine yarn and my tight knitting, I increased the number of stitches to 96, giving me six pattern repeats instead of 4. I did 2x2 ribbing and a short row heel (I don't actually know what is called for in the pattern, as I only wrote down the stitch pattern). I increased the decrease rate on my normal toe so it wouldn't bee too pointy.

Next up: a going away/yarn dying party and a yarn crawl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had enough yarn!
They look loverly - I'm sure your sockpal will enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

They look great!

and I wanted to let you know that I have sent you an email about your socks...

~Your sock pal

Anonymous said...

Hi Sock Pal!

It is so nice to finaly see who it is! :D the socks arrived today safe, warm and sound! I love them and they fit well! I am going to take photos and type a long, gushy entry in the next couple of days. But for now, I am totally curious, what is the heel? I love it and have never seen it before, and would love to try it! Just so you know, you were on the mark with colour, size pattern and yarn!

You Rock!