Saturday, February 09, 2008

Good weekends...

make for poor blog posts. At least while I'm in the midst of it.

It's Saturday morning, and I've already had a lovely dinner with friends, a day spent wandering around the pyramids and other archaeological sites, and a night dancing on a rooftop under the stars. So, today I'm a little tired, a little achy. I'm going to work out my issues at the Thai massage this afternoon, and then I have a baby shower for a friend! I'm not really done my portion of the planning, so that has to happen at some point. And, I really should go to work, as tomorrow will be crazy preparing for a work trip starting Monday. Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Anyway, I have been knitting, and I've even finished something...

P2090011

The gift for the baby shower this afternoon!

Project Specs:
Pattern: EZs Baby Surprise Jacket from The Opinionated Knitter
Yarn: Dale of Norway Svale, a cotton, silk and viscose blend
Needle: 3.00mm bamboo straights
Modifications: I slip stitched around the neckline to add short ties, as I don't have any suitable buttons in my stash, and there is a definite lack of crafting supplies here. I did the buttonholes though, in case they're needed at a later date.
Total project time: 1 week, or thereabouts
Notes: I had to restart this project 3 or 4 times, as I seem to be incapable of making the double decreases line up. I ended up having to use markers, which upped the work a bit (knit to stitch before marker, slip stitch, drop marker, k2tog, psso, move stitch back to left needle, replace maker, move stitch back to right needle, continue knitting...) but my decreases (and later increases) all line up. I was frustrated, and also running out of time, which was why I decided to knit on when I realized I was knitting across only 89 stitches (look at the left hand front near the edging). Now that it's done, I can see that I would be much happier had I fixed that, but it needs to be gifted now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Dancing under the stars... I need some sunshine soon!

~ betseydoodle