Monday, August 22, 2005

knitting monotony

It's terrible to say this, but I feel like I've been knitting on the same projects forever... It's probably because I have so many projects on the go, and they all have fast approaching deadlines.

Sockapal2za socks - September 15
The Hooded Pullover from Patons' Weekend Retreat book - September 30 - I gave this to my sister for her birthday in May, and am just seaming it now. I started it with yarn from my grandmother (that came with Eaton's ball bands) and ran out after the hood, but before the sleeves. I did show it to her on her birthday, and then made her pick out the contrasting yarn for the sleeves and a front patch pocket.
A mitred-square baby blanket - September 30 - The baby is due on the 13th, but I have to deliver it when I'm out west. It's mostly just the seaming left, although I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it. I'm thinking about learning to crochet...
Christmas presents - September 30 - I'm going home for a wedding then, and I'm not sure that I'm going home for Christmas, so I thought it would be good to make my gifts for family and deliver them then. Aren't I a genius? I've finished two Sophie bags, with one more to do, and two Tychus hats for the men (my dad and my brother-in-law) in my life (I think I'm safe, as no one from my family reads this blog.)

Despite being a little bored by the knitting I have available, I keep knitting instead of getting ready for my impending move. I'm only moving up four floors in my building, but I seem to have a lot of stuff! My ex moved out two months ago, and it doesn't seem to have made the slightest difference in the volume of things in my house. And right now? I'm blogging instead of packing. I think this weekend is really going to suck, what with the packing and moving and cleaning all still to be done. At least I'll have help...

No comments: