Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love you, Nancy Drew!

Or maybe its just your fashion sense.

Has anyone else seen the Nancy Drew movie that came out this summer? I watched it on the plane between Khartoum and Amsterdam, and I was more entertained than I thought I'd be. I loved the books as a kid, and thought it would be a nice trip down memory lane. The writing is a little uneven, and I had trouble believing that Nancy was actually old enough to drive, even though she quite clearly does in several scenes, but man, does she have a (generally) good wardrobe! (I'm not a fan of there very shiny trench coat she wears getting on the train with the plaid contrast fabric, or this hat.)





I was unfortunately unable to find screenshots of my absolute favourite outfit from the movie, a red/pink top with an asymmetrical cross closure on the front, so I may have to rent the movie at some point and take pictures of the screen. Then, I'll be working on my sewing skills to create my own great fashion, because my shopping will be pretty limited for the next couple of years. But there is a fabric market...

No comments: