Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vignette


Hi all! I am safe and sound, back in Sudan. My car and my stuff have arrived, so its nice organizing and settling in.


I did go to Rhinebeck when I was back, so I will eventually post a real post, even if it is seriously out of date. For now, a little vignette...

As some of you may have noticed, I'm having weird issues with socks these days, and Rhinebeck was no exception. I spent a lot of time on Saturday at the Merlin Tree booth, trying things out. On my third visit, I was working with the Hitchhiker again, and was finding my foot slipping, so I took my sock off and tucked it in my shoe. When I went to put my shoe back on and purchase this lovely instrument, I was amazed to find that my sock was no longer in my shoe! I searched all around the chair I was using, under tables, and in all of my bags, and finally had to admit that it was gone! I went to Rhinebeck, and someone walked off with my sock! And it wasn't even handknit. I'm sure they'll be quite disturbed when they discover it, as it had been on my foot in my shoe all day...

No comments: