Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Quickie

I know, I know… yet another short, hurried post. Everybody’s busy these days, it seems.

Anyway, New York was great! I didn’t get as much knitting done as I hoped, partly because a lot of the driving happened in the dark. I did manage to finish my sockapal2za socks. Now to find a way to take a picture of them! I also did some knitting on the train from Connecticut to New York and back on both days.

New York wasn’t all about knitting (though I did go to a couple of yarn stores – The Yarn Co. and Purl, which were great! I had to limit myself to only buying things that aren’t regularly stocked by my LYS.) We walked a lot, shopped a lot, saw a musical, went on a harbour tour… all kinds of exciting things. I may even have pictures later, as the friend I was traveling with has a digital camera. On the way back, we stopped in Burlington, Vermont, for dinner and Ben and Jerry’s. It was a great way to end a great trip.

Since I’ve been back, work has been crazy, as always. I’m at a coffee shop now trying to type something up before my knitting group arrives. And tomorrow is a friend’s birthday, and I’ll be going out for that. So, I promise a good post on Friday (and maybe I’ll have my modem for internet at my house by then!) Until then, good knitting!

No comments: