1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
My yarn snobbishness is variable. I love great natural fibers, but if it needs to be washable in any way, then only acrylic will do. For example, I will never make children’s items out of wool.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am now learning to spin on a spindle. I’m very slow, but I like it so far.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
Off and on for about three years, somewhat obsessively for at least 6 months.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, and it can be found here, or on my profile on my blog.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love vanilla and fruity scents and jasmine, and strongly dislike other floral scents.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Sort of. I’m more attracted my muffins, cookies and ice cream than chocolate. Oooh! And gummy candies. All right, yes.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I can sew, and I’m in the process of setting up a sewing area in my new place. I have also done a lot of photography in the past, which I’m trying to become more involved with.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My computer can play mp3s. My musical tastes are varied, although country or really poppy music (Christina, Britney, ‘Nsync) are not my favourites.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love bright colours. My favourite colour is probably red, orange or yellow. I dislike pastel colours.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m recently newly single. My boyfriend of over a year moved out in June. I have a cat named Suki (affectionately known as Spooky Cat).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I love to travel, and I want to go almost everywhere. I really want kids (just alerting any future husbands out there. :)) I want to have a job I enjoy that allows me a good balance to live my life outside of work.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I like Patons Classic Wool, and I love Fleece Artist Merino Sock yarn. I’ve recently bought some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk that feels great, but I haven’t started swatching yet.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t really like scratchy fibers, at least if they’re going to be against my skin. I can’t think of anything else that I really don’t like.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I find myself making a lot of felted bags (for Christmas presents) and cardigans (none of which are finished, and they’re all for me).
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit socks, because I spend lots of time on the bus. I see beautiful clothes that I want to make for myself, but I keep planning and knitting gifts for other people.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Baby blanket for my cousin, sweater for my sister, felted Sophie bags and Tychus hats for Christmas, two cardigans (one from White Buffalo, and Samus from Knitty in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Stream). I also have a hat and a shawl in my basket that I haven’t worked on for a while.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I would never know where to carry my purse, although they might be good for my office.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use my Denise set for a lot of things, so circular I guess. I don’t have any circs smaller than 5 US.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Plastic is easier on my hands. I’ve never tried bamboo. Although I like bamboo yarn.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes, I’m currently completing my third pair ever. And my second pair went to my sock pal.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me as a child, and then a friend and I decided we wanted to learn in university. We took a class at the Alberta College of Art and Design which ended up being more about colour theory and material choice (including cutting up old clothes to knit with) instead of basic knitting, but I’ve been going strong ever since.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years. Sometimes other things take over in priority.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like the Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite, for nostalgic reasons.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas, although I sadly may not make it home to see family this year. :(
26. Is there anything that you collect?
No. Unless you count yarn and patterns. I have an aversion to items in my house that sit on shelves, so I’m trying to weed them out slowly.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I love the Teva Durham and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee books.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I can’t really think of anything right now. Although someday I may make a foray into lace, and there are some very pretty options out there.
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
My feet are 25 cm long and 23 cm around. I love all kinds of hand knit socks, since I’ve only ever owned 1.5 pairs. Again, someday I will try out some lace.