Friday, October 14, 2005

Autumn colour


autumn colour

Well, as you may have noticed, I've had to skip Wardrobe Wednesdays this week. It will return next week. In the meantime, I'm placating you all with a lovely shot of the fallen leaves.

Now, for a knitting issue. I have finished the body of Samus, and I decided to starton the applied i-cord edging before the sleeves (I had high and misguided hopes to wear the body as a vest to Rhinebeck this weekend). At this point, I've ripped it out once and am on the verge of doing it again becuase the line where I'm applying it to the sweater is so uneven.


samus edging (with cat for scale)


samus edging close

I know its hard to see on the photos, as it really is a little thing, but sometimes there is a ridge where I'm applying the cord to the knitting, and sometimes there isn't. I don't really like the ridge, but I'd accept it either way if it were just consistent. Any suggestions?

In other news, I think my cat is jealous of my knitting. On Sunday, I was knitting away and the cat came over wanting to be petted. I put the knitting aside for a minute to pet her and she climbed onto my lap. This, from a cat that has never sat on my lap willingly in the four years I've owned her! She's affectionate, loves to be petted and sit beside me, but generally dislikes being held. Then this morning, I was trying to photograph the dastardly i-cord and she would not get off the knitting. But as soon as I stop with the photography, she went back to sleep. Weird that.

No comments: