Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wardrobe Wednesdays

I know its already Thursday, but there's not much I can do about that now. I've been thinking about adding this as a regular feature, and Wednesdays make for nice alliterations.

So, now that I'm actually working and not a student, I find that I have a hard time judging what constitutes a work appropriate attire. And, since I had questions about the outfit I wore to work today, I thought I'd put it to blogland. And I think I'll try and do it regularly as I purge my closet of the clothes I no longer need and try to build a nice, compact wardrobe (without looking too conformist - I don't really like wearing suits). So, for background, I work for the Federal Government in Canada. My office is fairly dressy, although we do have casual Fridays. Lots of people wear black suits every day, but lots of people don't as well.

So, what I would like would be for people to comment to let me know if this outfit is fit for work. Sort of like Hot or Not, but not really. So, are these outfits a "workplace wow" or a "workplace woe"?


Option A


Option B


boot closeup

2 comments:

Lis said...

I don't think it's so much the clothes as what you do with them. I would add a classy necklace or gold chain around the neck just to dress it up a little more. Those boots are too adorable, oh my gosh.

Anonymous said...

The boots- definitely! I'd wear them on a casual Friday with a denim skirt and a black or white tailored shirt...