Well, despite not doing much knitting, I have managed to finish my third pair of socks (ever)! They are knit on 3mm needles from Patons Kroy Socks Stripes in Krazy Stripes. I didn't follow a particular pattern, but I used a short row heel.
from the side
The one thing I would change next time would be the toe. I didn't think to do some decreases when I switched from ribbing to stockinette, to I have two corners. Lessons learned.
I have already cast on for a new sock. Since, I've got this cuff down thing figured out, I tried the Turkish cast on for toe up socks. The first couple rows were a little tight, but its going well now. I'm using Knitpicks Sock Garden in Daffodil. And, I knit the cuff cables for Samus on the trip last weekend, so I've been working slowly on knitting up from there.
In other news, I've finally started giving family and friends my blog address. I waited because I wasn't sure it was going to stick this time (I had a blog when I was overseas and then stopped posting when I got busy. I didn't want to mislead them again.) At a couple month of regular posts, I think its time, since many complain that I never tell them what's going on in my life.