Sunday, October 02, 2005

Live from the Skatch

So, I was supposed to be on a plane right now, but when I arrived at the airport, the ticket lady found me a better flight that leaves a little later but gets in earlier. That was just fine with me, so I'm hanging out the Saskatoon airport (as opposed to the Calgary airport a little later on). I thought I'd do a quick post, as I have some interesting pictures from the weekend.

First, in knitting news, I finally finished the first sweater I ever started!


My first sweater

I had been knitting for a while, but had only really made scarves (and maybe a first try at a hat) when my sister asked me to make this for her. She picked out the pattern, and I decided to use some yarn my grandma had given me. It was Eaton's Sayelle, the yellow colour in the picture. Of course, I finished a sleeve and the back and then realized that I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish the front, never mind the second sleeve. So, I frogged the sleeve and finished the front and hood in the yellow. Then, I gave the sweater to my sister for her birthday in May so that she could decide how she wanted it finished. She picked out the gray yarn for the sleeves, and I designed the pocket to tie the two colours together. I actually sewed the pocket on this weekend, and then made sure to get pictures. Yay for the FO!

I actually had a pretty good weekend, despite coming down with the cold that's been circulating through my office. It was my cousin's wedding so almost all of my family was able to come to Saskatoon to celebrate. I flew in on Thursday night, and now it's time to head back. We're not all getting together for Christmas, so it was worth the plane ticket for a short trip.

I bought a digital camera because I've been talking about it for a while, but I'm not sure I'm terribly impressed with it. I will take the time to read the manual when I get home, but I'm finding the picture quality uneven, even under the same circumstances. For example, these two pictures were taken from the same spot in the same (poor) lighting conditions, but one is completely out of focus. I'm finding that I'm having a lot of focus problems. I'll see if I can figure it out, but I'm also glad I've had a chance to test it out before the return period is done.


camera woes


better

No comments: